The Brooklyn Marina is owned and operated by the Queens Recreational Boating Association (QRBA), which was registered as a Society in April 1995 through submission of the Memorandum of Association of Queens Recreational Boating Association (click to view) to the Nova Scotia Registry of Joint Stock Companies.
The objects of the Society are:
- To assist members with the development of skills in different aspects of boating and boat related activities.
- To organize safety, navigational and skills clinics.
- To maximize the use of existing facilities already available in Queens County.
- To promote tourism and recreational issues and help to foster an environmental awareness.
- To promote a recreational and family oriented outlet for all ages.
- To acquire by way of grant, gift, purchase, bequest, devise of otherwise, real and personal property and to use and apply such property to the realization of the objects of the Society.
- To buy, own, hold, lease, mortgage, sell and convey such real and personal property as may be necessary or desirable in the carrying out of the objects of the Society.
Bylaws of the Queens Recreational Boating Association (click to view) were subsequently adopted by the Society, which prescribe parameters for membership, directors and their powers, meetings, and auditing and fiscal reporting.
Furthermore, Queens Recreational Boating Association Dock Regulations and Conditions, revised November 6, 2017, (click to view) specify the assignment and usage requirements of Brooklyn Marina docks.